The District 13 Advocacy Committee coordinates activities to implement legislative awareness, advocacy and equal rights, following the guidelines established by the Zonta International Board in agreement with the International Advocacy Committee. (see Advocacy Definition and Policies, and Affiliation Policy on the Zonta International website under Member Resources/Policies) Link til ZI
Several Zontians have complained they do not know what advocacy means. You know what advocacy is when you remember this
- 1. What do we want?
- 2. Who can make it happen?
- 3. What do they need to hear?
- 4. From whom do they need to hear it?
- 5. How can we make sure they hear it?
- 6. What do we have?
- 7. What do we need?
- 8. How do we begin to take action?
- 9. How can we tell if it is working?